Sunday, April 26, 2015

The sky above the bed

DIFFICULTY: INTERMEDIATE

This is a project I finished last week that I loved to make and loved even more how it turned out. Everything started when I discovered that there was such a thing as a cutter (something like a printer but that cuts, pretty simple uh?). I fell in love with it and needed to have one and didn't take long until I found somebody selling a used Silhouette Portrait. I bought it right away!
After some days wondering what the heck I was going to actually cut with the cutter, a friend showed me this website: Paper Matrix. Everything beautiful and everything made of paper!!! I settle to make the balloon mobile. Here is the step-by-step:


1) You don't really need the silhouette to make this, you can download the pdf files from the website, print and cut, but I have to say it helps a lot. I modified the files a bit to make the gluing process a bit easier. 

2) To pair with balloons (btw, I did the balloon #001) I also added some clouds.

3) The longest process is the weaving and there is a full video in youtube showing how to make it. It requires quite some patience and lots of paper clips


4) Then it was just repeating the process as many times as you feel right.


5) And here is the finished mobile (that we decided to glue balloons and clouds straight on the ceiling).  That's Bruno's sky, he loved it and so did I and his dad!


1 comment: